NABA COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to recent government restrictions we unfortunately must cease majority of our activities, including Our Academy, Halloween camp and NABA Nippers.
As NABA is a registered education and training facility with CRO , we will remain open during the level 5 restrictions imposed by the government on Wednesday 21st October 2020. In addition to this , we are an elite training facility and registered to compete in international elite level competitions nationwide and internationally , therefore our facility can continue in-line with government guidelines.
We will continue to offer regular training sessions and programs at a reduced capacity to help reduce the movement of staff and student/athletes within our facility.
All our sessions will continue to operate in accordance with the guidelines from the government. We have put in place all the following measure’s in and around the academy to help contribute to the fight against COVID-19 as follows:
1) Student/Athletes only: For the duration of level 5 restrictions, our facility will only be open to student/athletes only No parents/Spectators will be granted access to the building. (Until restrictions lift on December 1st 2020)
2) ONE WAY SYSTEM: Please upon entering via the front reception door ONLY and exit via the back door beside the basketball court ONLY. Currently, there are regular breaches of this request and we would respectfully request if everyone could please do their best to adhere to this request. Please do not loiter around the exit and entrance doors while sessions are in place. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER VIA THE EXIT DOORS TO THE REAR OF THE BUILDING.
3) Personal Hygiene: As the number of covid cases fluctuate daily, it’s easy to ”get comfortable” and forget about the daily personal hygiene measures in place at our facility – In saying this we respectfully request that EVERYONE wash their hands with soap and water on arrival to our facilities, this applies to everyone. No matter how long you are planning on staying this is an essential measure to curb the spread of the virus and your compliance is greatly appreciated. We have constant hot water and disinfectant soap available for you to do this.
4) Regular Cleansing of equipment: As you are aware there are disinfectant spray and blue towels in place across the facility, please use these are used to cleanse all contact points before and after use.
5) Face Coverings: As we feel it is possible for our staff and players to maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from each other and players alike, please do not get offended if one of our staff asks you to move to a safe distance of 2 meters. When in training, it is not a requirement to wear a mask given the potential hazards in restrictions in oxygen supply while training. However, in an extra effort, to help stop the spread of COVID-19. It is extremely important that EVERY member of our community wears a mask while moving around our facility. All fabric face coverings are be permitted.
6) Physical distancing: Our entire Gym floor has been lined out in boxes of 2m x 2m or more. Please adhere to our request to have only one person per box throughout your time in our facility.
7) Eco-static chemical cleaning: We have taken the additional and costly measure of having our entire facility chemically sprayed with the most advanced technology on the market on a regular basis- we are confident we as an organization are currently leading the way in this regard. We feel that coupled with the above measures; we can together slow down the spread of COVID-19 on our premises. Please see the below link for further details on the products used within our facility.
In the case that your son/daughter becomes unwell or are a close contact of a confirmed positive case, there is a case in the family, please ensure you DO NOT attend our premise to avoid the risk of transmission to other members and staff. Please self-isolate and follow all the guidelines and advice from the HSE.
We would like to thank all our fantastic members who have shown us overwhelming support in the last few months. It is much appreciated , we would not be in the position to keep our doors open to continue doing what we love if it was not for everyone’s support. We will continue to serve our Athletes in the best and safest way possible. If you would like any further clarification on any of the above please feel free to contact us at any time on 01-906 9249 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
NABA Schedule for Level 5 restrictions:
October Thursday 22nd: Academy closed
Friday 21st : Day/ Evening training as usual
Monday 26th -30th: Academy closed for Mid Term. Our Halloween Camp is cancelled.
NABA Nippers cancelled until further notice: Will resume when Level 5 restrictions are lifted.
November Basketball related classes and training will only be delivered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week during the normal scheduled times. All weekend trainings will resume as normal. Assuming Level 5 restrictions are lifted on the 1st of December, normal schedule will resume. If you have any questions in relation to these please feel free to contact us at any time.
We Thank you for your continued support and are excited to welcome all members back once restrictions are lifted.
Stay Safe ,
From The NAB Ltd Staff